– The Gators are seeking a sixth consecutive victory, and a fourth straight win in SEC play
– Florida rose to No. 3 in the Associated Press Top 25 Poll, its highest ranking since a two-week stretch at No. 3 during the 2012 season (Oct. 15 and Oct. 22 polls)
– The Gators ended the 2019 season at No. 6, their highest final AP Poll ranking since 2009, when they finished No. 3. Dan Mullen is also the first head coach in UF history to post top-10 finishes each of his first two seasons at the helm
– In addition to consecutive top-10 finishes in the AP Poll for the first time since 2008 and 2009, the Gators are coming off consecutive seasons with at least 10 wins for the first time since 2008 and 2009 (both 13-win campaigns)
– Florida’s 11 wins last season marked its highest total since 2012, and was the eighth 11-win season in school history
– In addition to the numerous eye-popping statistics from the season opener, Florida eclipsed 500 total yards for the third time in its last five games, and surpassed 400 total yards for the 13th time in its last 18 games.
– Florida set a school record for total yards against an SEC opponent in its season-opening win at Ole Miss, as it amassed 642 yards (446 passing, 196 rushing) — which is also the 11th-highest total in any game in school history.
– The Gators’ previous record for total yards against an SEC opponent was 640 yards against Mississippi State back on Sept. 29, 2001, the final season of Gators legend Steve Spurrier’s head coaching tenure.
– Florida’s 446 passing yards were 10 shy of the 10th-highest total in school history, but it was just the second time since the start of the 2002 season the Gators eclipsed 435 passing yards (they threw for 482 in the 2010 Sugar Bowl, all of which came from Tim Tebow in what was the nal game of his collegiate career).
– Kyle Trask’s six touchdown passes tied 2019 Heisman winner Joe Burrow’s record for touchdown passes in a SEC opener.
– Florida’s 32 first downs marked its 11th-highest total in school history.
– The Gators scored 50-plus points against an SEC opponent for the 26th time in school history, and for the second time under head coach Dan Mullen. UF coaches with the most 50-point games against SEC opponents: Spurrier (18), Ubran Meyer (six), Mullen (two).
– Florida posted 500-plus total yards for the eighth time under Mullen, with four of those games coming against SEC opponents. In 88 games from 2011-17, UF had exactly eight 500-yard outings, with ve coming against SEC teams.